Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Long Time, No Speak

It's been so long since I've been here that I almost didn't remember the password to sign in! My life has really picked up lately, and I've been quite the busy woman.

The thing is ... I love it this way.

Teenybop is still in school, she loves it totally, and is fond of most of the kids in her class. Her teachers are engraved forever in her heart, and this first school experience for our family has been wonderful on all of us. Being a stay at home mom all this time has been mostly great, and I've totally loved it most days, but it's even better now than before. She's always got something to say, something new to talk about, some new question for us to discuss, and while she's gone in the morning for school, it gives me time that I thought would be used in selfish pursuits like taking baths, or writing my novel. Alas, that time has not yet been allotted to me for personal use, but in the meantime, my house is clean, my life is full, and my man knows he is loved and appreciated.

Speaking of which, we're still on the up and up, even with everything that's been going on lately, and things are good in that aspect of life also. Boyfriend is fast pushing himself back into the Fiance spot, and though I'm sure there is some credit due to having so many men around me lately, I'm not complaining a bit! Having his friends staying here made a huge difference, because they went from telling him how cool they thought it was for him to have homemade dinners every night at work, to sharing his cool homemade dinners. They went from telling him how great his life is, to living it right here beside him. I mean, they ate my cooking, enjoyed the clean living space I provide, the good smells that are often in the home I've created in this little apartment, and the conversational wit of ... well, me. And I swear, I'm not a bit conceited about my ability to speak well on many different topics. I swear.

But anyway, I think that it pointed out to Boyfriend/Fiance that he did have something worth treasuring. A woman who loves him, and deserves to be appreciated and treated lovingly in return. A child who is his in heart if not in DNA, and who thinks he can raise and lower the moon if only he wanted to. One who has lifted him up high on the "Daddy" pedestal, and who is to be treasured and enjoyed, not just fed and watered. I'm sure some of that has to do with the precious little alone time we get these days, too, and maybe that's a good thing. A little time apart (or just overcrowded to the point of feeling apart for the sake of behaving properly) isn't always a bad thing. After all, it gives the heart time to miss what was once there, right? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all that? So it's been good.

Things with Boyfriend/Fiance's friends have changed considerably, on the other hand. While BigOne is still here, and planning to stay on for a while, it seems LittleOne sort of wore out his welcome. Finally, Boyfriend/Fiance had to ask him to go (more than once), and while I think they are still friends at work, we are all glad to see that one out of the house. It seems that both Boyfriend/Fiance and BigOne are glad to see LittleOne go, Teenybop doesn't seem to miss him much, and while I miss his conversation, I don't miss his rotten attitude. Fiance and I were talking about it the other day, and I asked him if he's been able to maintain the friendship with LittleOne, and he said that he has, but that he's not sure if he wants to. I asked him why, but all I could really get him to say is that you never really know someone until you've lived with them. So I don't know what's going on with that, but I'm glad the issue it was creating at home is done and over with.

In the meantime, things are going well again, and I'm happy with that.