Friday, September 5, 2008

The Faith And Love Of A Child

This morning as we drove Teenybop to school she looked out the window, and she was watching the cars go by on the other side of the road. And then the sky caught her attention, cloudy and full of color as the sun rose over the horizon.

"That's so pretty!" she said ... "Mommy look!"

So I did, and it was. "Do you know why it's so pretty? Do you know who made that?"

"Who?" she asked.

"God. He painted all those colors and puffed up all those clouds and made the sun so bright so our days wouldn't be as dark as nighttime."

That seemed enough for her, and she got quiet so I went back to listening to the radio, trying to wake up a little more and be ready for the day ahead. But then I heard her talking and I tuned in to make sure I didn't miss it if she was talking to me.

She wasn't.

She was thanking God for the sky he gave, for the flowers and trees along the road, because "... we needed that so much, God, and we just want to thank you for being a good God and taking care of us all the time."

But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little
children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom
of God belongs to such as these."
Luke 18:16