Monday, April 26, 2010

Manic Monday

This week I just want to go back to pretending I didn't realize how serious this is. I want to go back to not realizing what this all means to us. I want to fly to Ft. Sill and kiss his face, touch his skin, and remind myself that he is really real, that he is really mine, and that when this is done, we really will be together again at least for a while ... it is the Army after all, there are no guarantees on time.

But I will be okay, I have to be. Because I don't want to go back to where we were before, falling apart as a couple from too much time spent together, and killing ourselves with the stress of everyday civilian life in this economy. I don't want to go back to where we've been ... but I want to rush ahead to our future, back together again as a family.