Monday, May 17, 2010

Holy Crap! I Have Followers?

I just noticed today that my little linky thing that shows little thumbnails of my "followers" have quite a few more thumbnails than it did before. I have been thinking about it all day, trying to decide what that means to me.

On the one hand, I am THRILLED! People want to read here? They want to know what I'm thinking? They are ... gasp! Interested? Imagine that. I'm totally glad, and sure I'd love to someday be one of the "popular" blogs, the ones that have tons of followers and lots of comments, active discussion about their blog posts. The kind that other people link back to and then leave me a comment saying, "I talked about this, too."

On the other hand, I want to be very careful not to let it matter much. I want to keep writing for me. When I sit down to type out a post that will clear my head and lift my spirit, I don't want to change my mind at the last second and decide not to post it in case someone reading might not like it. I want to keep allowing God to tell me sometimes what to write about here so that He can use me in whatever ways He wants, especially if I can inspire the faith, the relationship skills, or the parenting of someone else. I want this place to stay mine, even while I welcome others to come visit freely and take part in my inner-most thoughts and feelings.

So anyone who is "following" or to those just quietly reading now and then ... Thanks for caring enough to visit, even it it's just for a second. But remember, this place is like a room inside my head ... it's the room where I sort out and dust off the thoughts and feelings of my heart. So just as I would be respectful in your home, be respectful in mine.

PS ... Thanks for "following"!