Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Do You Think I'm Beautiful ...

I took a break from reading over the Christmas holiday ... time to reflect and enjoy my family. We had a fun Christmas, not exactly as thrilling and Boyfriend/Fiance and I wanted it to be since we weren't able to get the biggest thing Teenybop asked for ... but nonetheless it was a lovely holiday. We celebrated the morning with our gifts once all the family was awake, and then we had our traditional glazed rolls and sparkling grape juice for breakfast. It was really fun, and then we headed out to our first (possibly annual) Christmas movie, The Princess and The Frog. It was a great story! I loved it, Teenybop loved it, Boyfriend/Fiance and my father seemed to like it, and even Piglet sat through the whole thing with minimal fuss. It was a great day.

But now the holiday is finished and as we wrap up 2009 and look forward to 2010, I am struggling to get back into the swing of my reading/blogging habit. I'm back into reading, but this book isn't speaking to me at the moment. I'm going to push through and try to reconnect with the author. It's not that I no longer agree, or that I have forgotten the blissful feeling of realizing that God has for me the love that every woman desires. I know that now even more surely than I did before ... But I have always been a future-minded person, and I think that is standing in the way of things right now. Bringing in a new year has always been a thoughtful time for me, and this year is no different, but the reading continues ...