Friday, March 26, 2010

Dreaming

Today was like a breath of fresh air. I'm still feeling a good amount of nausea from the kidney infection, but Piglet is MUCH better from her recent ear infection and was all smiles today. She was so happy, she just smiled and giggled all morning, then played for a long time by herself (mostly) on the floor in our living room. It was a much-needed break since this baby is very clingy and is also quite the mommy's girl. It seems no one else will do, and while I enjoy being the favorite person in her world, sometimes it is certainly exhausting.

But today was lovely. It started rough as Teenybop has been having a lot of rough mornings and often has to spend "alone time" in her room after school to pay consequence for certain behaviors. Today was, of course, one of those days, but she takes her punishment like a champ. So once she was off the school the day got going and was lovely. We got Piglet to her ear checkup which was great, then came home where I was able to finally get a shower and a little alone time.

Once Teenybop was home, she went to her room and we set the "room timer", then Piglet played while I read more of the archives of two blogs I've been trying desperately to catch up on so that I can add them to my blog feed reader. It was the first time in a long time that I was actually able to read until my neck was a little sore from the strain. Yet here I sit after we had our Friday dinner with Private Ryan's family and my little girls are peacefully sleeping ... reading. My neck is sore for sure, I'm nauseated from the ache, and bleary-eyed with the need for sleep, and yet I read. And I type. But I had to record this day ... truly good days in our house are few and far between, so I don't want to forget.

In barely over two weeks Private Ryan will be leaving home to head for his Army training, and already I can't wait until he comes home. He isn't even gone but I miss him already. I think a lot these days about what things will be like for us in the Army, the new blessings that will come with his pay, the benefits of being an Army family and the many things it can mean for our family. As much as I don't want to say goodbye to my man, I am anxious to start this new chapter of our lives. And all in all, it was a good day, one to remember when I am alone this summer.