Monday, August 30, 2010

Guest Post From Private Ryan

When I posted yesterday about my five-year anniversary with Private Ryan, I thought it would be interesting to see what his side of the story would look like, because although we generally mesh well ... we are DIFFERENT people. VERY DIFFERENT.

So without further ado ... "Private Ryan" ... (quiet applause?)

"So here is my side of our story…

I had decided that I was going to come up to Tennessee to help my Mom out while she was looking for a job up here, she wanted to know that she was going to be safe while my ex-stepdad and little brother were going to stay down in Florida to sell the house. Well when Brandi and I first started talking it was like we instantly just clicked, we could be funny when we needed to be and our wits just matched up perfectly… I remember when I was staying at a hotel in Knoxville, and we were texting back and forth about “breathers anonymous”, because everyone is a breatheaholic… I remember the days and long night’s texting back and forth and I remember me having to go outside the hotel room because my mom said that the clicking was driving her crazy lol… I remember the first night that we met… she was wearing this green shirt with some kind of fire on it, jeans, and of course flip flops… She brought her “bodyguard” with her just in case I was some type of crazy guy…which is completely understandable… we went to the mall and to Target before my Mom started to lose it and we had to go back to the hotel…But I remember how sweet Teenybop was…she immediately warmed up to me… then she had a diaper blow-out so bad that they had to leave lol.

We got together again a couple of days later at her place, I think lol, but I remember Teenybop running up to me with books after books wanting me to read to her…I was more than happy to indulge such as sweet little girl…looking back it is amazing how much she has grown and changed good, for the most part lol. It is amazing what love Brandi has shown me through the 5 years that we have been together. We have gone from doing fantastic to everything going in the wrong direction for us, but her love for me has never faded, through the good times and the bad, she has shown me what true love is and she has helped me grow from an immature cocky punk to a more mature cocky man lol….the changes that I have gone through in 5 years are truly amazing.

I cannot wait to see what the next 5 years have in store for us, I do not regret anything in the past but I hope that the next 5 years are better than the first 5. I love my girls and I love Brandi with all of my heart and soul but I just hope that we can make a better life for our kids and not have to be scared for their future, because I want the best for my girls, I don’t want to spoil them but I want them to grow up somewhat like I grew up, I really did not have to want for anything but I want to teach them the responsibility and gratefulness for material things that perhaps I did not show all of the time. The past 5 years have been amazing, from helping to raise Teenybop to the birth and helping to raise piglet… those are some of the best moments in my life, but they will never replace their mother.
"

 So ... There you have it.