Monday, August 9, 2010

Manic Monday Returns!

It's been a long time since I wanted something small enough that I felt like I could talk freely here about it. There are things that I want that I am not proud of, things that I can hardly admit to the closest of my friends, let alone admit them to the world in general.

This week, I just want August 17 to get here faster. I have been on my own with my girls for a long LONG time, and I am looking forward to the start of the new school year so that I can use Piglet's nap times to catch up on some projects, prepare for our upcoming Army adventure, and spend some quality time with my Bible again. I miss it. I miss long showers, too. I miss working out in my living room without being afraid of tripping over someone. I miss reading. I miss writing. And most of all, I miss doing those things when it is still daylight and I actually have appropriate energy for doing those things. Squeezing everything into a few hours at night gets it done, but never in a quality way that feeds my soul. And my soul, these days, is hungry.