Friday, March 12, 2010

American Idol

Honestly this is the first season that I have bothered to watch this show. I don't really just love it like other people do, I don't look forward to watching it and make popcorn for when I'm watching. I don't get all excited if it's on tv. I don't like it that the judges are often making fun of the people who audition because the have a dream to be successful in the music business. I had that dream once, though I was young and it wasn't very well thought out. But even though I don't get giddy over the show, I have been watching it this time around, and I've really been enjoying myself. Actually, I just dvr it and watch it whenever I get the chance ... I still haven't seen the top twelve yet. And for the love of all that is good, please nobody leave a comment telling me who they are.

But I have to say that while I can't stand the title of the show (because the Bible tells us that God commands that we have "no other idols" before Him ... American or otherwise), I'm liking the performances. Some people I love to watch, some I don't get so thrilled about. I have been a little sad to see some people leave the show, and there are some that I wish would just get sent home already.

But Crystal Bowersox is awesome! So far this season she has done some really great renditions of songs by artists like Alanis Morissette and Tracy Chapman. Now, these are definitely not people that I listen to all the time ... but the songs Crystal performed were songs that I liked, and she has done an awesome job with every show that I've seen. Even Simon likes her. And I've got to say, I can't wait till her album comes out. I'm curious to hear what she'll do with her talent.